Always wanted to try on this Baked Rice dish which is something similar to Swensens's Chicken Baked Rice. So after looking up for a few recipes, I finally decided to used this Chicken & Pumpkin Baked Rice. It's a one dish meal which had a lot of good and healthy ingredients like: chicken, pumpkins, button mushroom, carrot, celery and eggs......
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 Cup Long Grain Rice
2 Cup Water
1 Chicken Breast Fillet, cut into strips
1/4 Pumpkin, about 150g cut into cubes
5 Button Mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 Cup Broccoli Florets
1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Butters
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Milk
Seasoning To Taste
3/4 Cup Grated Cheese
1. Wash and rinse the uncooked rice then cook rice with water accordingly until rice is tender. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Lightly beat 1 of the eggs, add to rice and mix well.
3. Spoon rice mixture into a 23cm pie plate, press the rice against the sides and base of the pie dish to form a shell.
4. Preheat a pan with some oilve oil and cooked some onion until soften the add in the chicken strips and give a quick stir for 1-2 minutes until it's almost cooked through then dish up and arrange on the rice.
5. Next heat up the pan again and stir-fry the pumpkin with abit of olive oil for about 3 minutes then add in the broccoli and mushrooms.
6. Stir-fry the vegetables for a about 2 minutes then scatter it over the chicken.
7. Heat up the pan with medium heat then add in butter and stir until melt, stir in the flour and blend in the milk, stirring constantly until smooth.
8. Whisk in the remaining eggs and seasonings.
9. Pour sauce over the chicken and vegetables then top with the grated cheese.
10. Place in the preheat oven at 180 degree and baked for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Notes: You can add in any meat like beef or fish. Or even change to your favourite vegetables if you don't like broccoli and pumpkin......