Got this recipe from one of the cooking forums and it a taste similar to red bean sweet soup because of the added kidney beans and pumpkin. Overall this soup is very nourishing and healthy and it is suitable for everyone in the family too.
300g Pork Ribs
80g Red Kidney Beans
4 Red Dates
1 Teaspoon Salt, optional
1. Blanched pork ribs in boiling water, rinse and set aside.
2. Soaked groundnuts and red kidney beans in boiling water for about 20minutes till slightly soften, rinse and set aside.
3. Peel pumpkin and cut into big chunk.
4. In a soup pot bring 1.5 litres of water to boil, add in all ingredients (except pumpkin) and bring it to boil.
5. Next transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on AUTO heat for about 2 hr then add in pumpkin after the first hour.
6. Alternative you can simmer the soup on stove for 30 minutes before adding in pumpkin and continue to cook for another 20 - 30 minutes till pumpkin soften and soup become flavoursome.