Nothing beats a slice of fragrant Butter Cake which is infused with lemon aroma together with bits of bursting blueberries in your mouth. To be honest, among all the different types of tea-cake, I simply adore butter cake especially those that are lightly infused with lemon fragrant.
Lemon Yoghurt Butter Cake" and "Chocolate Yoghurt Butter Cake" which is a hit for our family and friends. We love both version of the cake despite of either plain or chocolate.
BLUEBERRY LEMON BUTTER CAKE
(Serves: 30 x 25cm | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 30 minutes)
1 Cup(100g) Fresh Blueberry
1.5 Cup(180g) All-Purpose Flour(plain flour)
3/4 Cup(150g) Caster Sugar
150g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
2 Eggs(55g each)
50ml Fresh Milk
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Rind of 1 Lemon
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Salt
Method:-1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cream soft butter and caster sugar using a electric beater or hand whisk till pale and creamy.
3. Add one egg at a time together with vanilla extract, beat till combined before adding in the lemon rind and mix well.
4. Using a spatula, fold in sifted flours in 3 batches alternatively with milk mixture(mix the milk with lemon juice and stand aside for 5 minutes before use) till well combined. Lastly stir in the fresh blueberries.
5. Slowly scrap mixture into the lightly greased Happy Call Pan(grease 1 teaspoon of oil on both side of the pan using hand or paper towel).
6. Bake on low heat for 12 minutes, slowly shift the pan towards right side so that left side (1/2 of the HCP) of the pan is on the heat, bake for another 6 minutes. Next shift the pan back towards the left side so that right side(1/2 of the HCP) of the pan is on the heat. (the purpose of doing this is to even out the baking as well as give the cake a nice brown colour on the surface when flip over)
7. Lastly, flip the HCP over and bake for another 6 minutes(3 minutes left, 3 minutes right) to have a nice brown top.
FOR OVEN METHOD:-1. Follow steps 1 - 4, pour cake batter into a greased 7" square or round tin.
2. Bake in preheated 180° Celsius oven for about 40 - 50 minutes or when a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
WOW! Love all these buttery cake too! Can we exchange? :)ReplyDelete
Lolzzz yours look better still got fresh berries!!!!!Delete
Very interesting to see that this cake is baked by your HCP :D I think this method is more energy efficient than using an oven.ReplyDelete
Agreed! Certain cake can be baked using HCP and it indeed cut short a lot of things. Esp when there is sudden guest visit.Delete
Ellena, do you prefer baking cakes in the oven or in HCP?ReplyDelete
Emmm it depend on what I am baking and the size too. Bake i guess HCP is good in a way if i have some surprised guests popping over for tea. Cos it can make a decent cake within shorter timing.Delete
Yes! This is my kind of cake, I would love it with a nice cuppa tea!ReplyDelete
Yup! Mee too :)Delete
I really think this pan is pretty incredible invention... thinking you can make savory and sweets so perfectly! You've been such a great representative of this company Ellena. I am totally believe in this pan now. Hahaha.ReplyDelete
Hahahaha Thanks Nami, but too bad this pan is super HOT in demand even without my sharing posts so i think i have no chance to be their spokeswoman lolz.Delete
I love your recipes so much! ^^ This looks so delicious - and I always say that lemons and blueberries are the most perfect match in a cake! This is also a very interesting way to cook it all.ReplyDelete
Yes yes! Indeed Lemon and blueberries are heavenly match :) Love this combi.Delete
Loved this recipe! Just tried it out, and everyone at home loves it too. Do you think your lemon yoghurt cake recipe will work in the happycallpan too?ReplyDelete
Wowow! Thanks for your feedback and I am glad that the recipe works out well for you :) As for the lemon yoghurt cake recipe you can give it a try using the same steps i am sure it would work out well too.Delete
Which HCP are you using for baking cakes? I only have the red one. Is it able to be used?
I have both the RED and deep BROWN pan. And both can be used to bake the recipe here :) HTHDelete
Wanna clarify.. So it's to bake left for 6 mins then bake right for 6 mins in your step 6 above & then flip to bake left 3 mins, right 3 mins. All in all it'll be 18 mins in total? Or I've to bake in center for 12 mins first before step 6?