Saw this special recipe from one of a dessert book that I borrow from the library. It is actually baking the Rose Petals Cookies but then I try to modify it and make both Rose and Lavender. I personally found that the Lavender cookies is very fragrant and after you had a bite of it, you seems to smell Lavender every now and them. After baking both these cookies my kitchen or even my whole dinning room is fill with aroma scent. You should give it a try..... If you like these two flowers.....is a very special cookies...
50g Icing Sugar
100g Unsalted Butter(Soften)
¼ Teaspoon Salt
180g Plain Flour
¼ Baking Soda
7g Dried Rose Petal +(½ Tablespoon Ice water)
7g Dried Lavender Petals(½ Tablespoon Ice Water)
1. Crush the Dried Rose Petal and remove the bubs then add ice water and soak for 10mins.
2. Add butter, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Next sift in the Flour, baking soda, rose petals and use hands to make into a soft dough.
4. Roll the dough on a floured surface into 0.5cm thick and use a heart shape cookie cutter to cut out the shape.
5. Preheat the oven to 170 degree and bake for 20 minutes then lower to 160 degree and bake for another 10 minutes.
Oven temperature cannot be too high or the rose will turn colour and spoilt the fragrant.
Rose petals that soak in cold water need not squeeze for the water, just add into the dough.
I get the Dried Rose and Lavender petals from Chinese Medical Hall.