Saw this special recipe from one of a dessert book that I borrow from the library. The original recipe is on baking Rose Petals Cookies but then I modify it and made into Rose and Lavender flavour. I personally like these cookies and I find the Lavender flavour is very fragrant and after you had a bite it seems to make you smells like lavender too.
After baking these cookies my kitchen and even the whole living room is filled because floral scent which refresh brighten up the day.
50g Icing Sugar
100g Unsalted Butter(Soften)
¼ Teaspoon Salt
180g Plain Flour
¼ Baking Soda
7g Dried Rose Petal + (½ Tablespoon Ice water)
7g Dried Lavender Petals (½ Tablespoon Ice Water)
1. Crush the Dried Rose Petal and remove the bubs then add ice water and soak for 10mins.
2. Add butter, icing sugar and salt in a mixing bowl and beat till light and fluffy.
3. Next sift in the Flour, baking soda, rose petals and use hands to make into a soft dough.
4. Roll the dough on a floured surface into 0.5cm thick and use a heart shape cookie cutter to cut out the shape.
5. Preheat the oven to 170 degree and bake for 20 minutes then lower to 160 degree and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Oven temperature cannot be too high or the rose will turn colour and spoil the fragrant.
- Rose petals that soak in cold water need not squeeze for the water, just add into the dough. I get the - Dried Rose and Lavender petals from Chinese Medical Hall.
- Divided the dough into two portion 1st before adding the Rose and Lavender petals separately into each dough. So that in the Ind i can make two different types of cookies.