For today's dinner, we are having Braised Ee Fu Noodle with Prawns, Pork Fillets & Spring Onion. It's a very simple and yet delicious dish that suits everyone in the family..... Especially for those who loves to eat Ee Fu Noodle.......
1 Piece Of Dried Ee Mee
2 Stalks Spring Onion, cut into section
6-8 Medium Prawns, shelled & devein
150g Lean Pork, cut into strips
1 Teaspoon Grated Ginger
1 Teaspoon Grated Garlic
1. Marinate the pork strips with some pepper, soy sauce, cooking wine and cornflour. Set aside with the shelled prawns while preparing the noodles.
2. Bring half pot of water to boil, add in the dried Ee Mee and stir till soft then drained, rinse with cold water and set aside.
3. Preheat a pan with about 2 Tablespoons of oil and stir-fry spring onion until fragrant, add in prawn, pork strips, garlic and ginger.
4. Continue to fry until almost cook then add in the noodles and seasoning sauce.
5. Cover and let it braised over low heat for about 3 minutes until sauce thicken and serve.
6. You can add in abit more water or stock if you want it to be more wet.
1 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
1/2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
3/4 Cup Instant Chicken Stock
1/4 Cup Water
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside for later use.
You can get this Hong Kong Conton Style Ee Mee at local supermarket like NTUC.
You can add in different ingredients such as mushrooms or vegetables to create your own style of Ee Fu Noodle.