BRAISED FISH HEAD
Watch how we prepared this Braised Fish Head with Tofu.
(Yield: 2 | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 20 minutes)
1 medium threadfin or salmon fish head, cut into quarter
1 tube of egg tofu, cut into 1" thick
1 teaspoon fermented Black Beans (豆豉)
1-2 bird eye chilli, sliced
6 slices ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 stalls Chinese coriander
2 tablespoons cornstarch
100ml hot water
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Rinse and pat dry fish parts then marinate it with 1/2 tablespoon cooking wine, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon grated ginger juice for at least 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, dust egg tofu with cornstarch then pan-fry on medium low heat till golden browned, remove and set aside.
lightly dust with cornstarch) and saute till both sides are browned.
4. Push the fish to one side of the pan; add in the chopped garlic, ginger, shallot, chilli (optional) and fermented black bean. Give it a quick stir and sauté till aromatic.
5. Next add in seasoning and tofu then simmer (remember to cover the pot) for about 2 minutes on medium low heat to allow fish and tofu to absorb the seasonings. Top with chopped coriander, remove and serve warm with rice.
You can read more on our mixed grains rice post HERE.
SIZZLING EGG TOFU
(Yield: 2 | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes)
1 tube (150g) egg tofu
80g marinated minced meat
4 medium prawns, shelled removed
6 sugar peas
8 slices of carrot
3 shittake mushrooms, cut in thick slices
1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
1/4 red capsicum (optional), sliced
2 slices ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
some chopped scallions
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
50ml hot water
1. Divide egg tofu into 8 pieces of equal thickness then lightly dust it with cornstarch and shallow fry with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil till golden brown on both side. Remove and set aside.
2. Saute garlic, ginger and onion till aromatic, add in minced meat and shrimp then stir-fry until meat changes colour.
3. Next stir in sugar pea, carrot, mushroom then continue to cook for another minute. Mix in seasoning.
4. Lower the heat, arrange fried tofu in between the mixture then swirl in beaten egg and let it cook till almost set (do not overcook as the heat from the pan will continue to cook the egg mixture).
5. Lastly remove skillet from heat, garnish with chopped scallion and chilli. Serve immediately.
THAI BASIL CHICKEN
beef, chicken or pork) or seafood plus handful of Thai holly basil. By all mean you can replace holly basil with sweet basil but it does not have that distinctive peppery flavor when compared with the authentic version.
(Yield: yield 1 serving | Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes)
150g minced chicken meat
1/2 cup Thai holly basil leaves
2 Thai small red chilli, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 shallot, sliced
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
1 serving of cooked rice
1/2 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoon stock or water
1. Rinse and pick the clean leaves from Thai basil stalks, discard the hard stems and set leaves aside.
2. Heat up oil in skillet then fried egg according to your preference. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same skillet saute chopped garlic, shallot and chilli for a minute till aromatic and lightly brown.
4. Stir in minced chicken and cook until it changes colour (try loosen the meat while cooking to prevent lumps), add in seasoning and simmer for a few seconds till meat the sauce flavour (do not over cooked).
5. Lastly toss in basil leaves, remove mixture and serve with steamed white rice and fried egg.
Above are two different types of basil leaves, the one shown on the left is English sweet basil which is commonly used in pasta or pizza whereas the one on the right is Thai Basil which has light purple-white flowers and it is usually used in Thai or Vietnam cuisine.
English Sweet Basil vs Thai Basil Leaves
Thai Basil can be found in some vegetables stall in wet market or certain leading supermarkets such as Sheng Siong or NTUC Fairprice.
泰式罗勒鸡 (Pad Krapow Gai) 是泰国有名的一道街头美食。这道菜的做法相当简单; 只需要煮白饭然后快速翻炒鸡肉碎和调味料。最后撒上罗勒叶再煎一个煎蛋盖在热腾腾的米饭上即可享用。
(分量: 1人份 | 准备: 5分钟 | 烹调时间: 10分钟)
Hope you find the above recipe ideas useful, do lookup for the next post on more quick and easy meal ideas.
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks
Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)