And recently while arranging the bookshelves, I happened to come across this wonderful recipe which I jotted down from one of Donna Hay’s cookbook some years back. With that I decided to try making a batch of these chocolate madeleine for my boy.
(Recipe adapted from Donna Hay's Cookbook)
Ingredients: (makes 12 Medium Size)
2 Eggs, (60g each)
75g Caster Sugar
50g Plain Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 Tablespoons Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
60g Unsalted Butter, melted
30g Mini Chocolate Chips for Toppings, optional
Method:-1. Preheat oven to 180 Degree Celsius.
2. Place eggs and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk using a balloon whisk till combine.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together for at least once.
4. Spoon sifted flour(s) over egg mixture and fold through with melted butter.
5. Spoon mixture into greased Madeleine tin or Silicon Mold until almost to the rim (sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on it if you are using).
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until Madeleine spring back when lightly press.