butter, margarine, shortening) and leavener such as baking powder or self-raising flour for their fluffy texture and flavour.
ORANGE POUND CAKE WITH DRIED FRUITS
Recipe adapted from Bernice's Kitchen, Raisin Butter Cake.
(Make: 2 Loaf Tin | Preparation: 10 minutes | Baking: 35 minutes)
120g Cake Flour
180g Unsalted Butter, melted and cool
140g Caster Sugar
4 Eggs (55g each)
40g Dried Cranberry
Rind of 2 Oranges
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (degree Celsius). Sift cake flour and cornflour together and set aside.
2. Using an electric beater, beat eggs and sugar over a pot of hot water (about 80 degree) until thick and creamy.
3. With a balloon whisk, stir in sieved flours into the egg mixture until well combined.
4. Add in melted butter and orange rind, stir till combined before tossing in the cranberry and raisin.
5. Give the mixture a quick stir, divide it into baking tin and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or when a skewer insert in the center and comes out clean.
Ellena, your orange pound cake looks so delicious. I definitely must try this method one day. Thanks for sharing :)ReplyDelete
This method is new to me. Shall try one day. Looks really soft and moist.ReplyDelete
What a gorgeous pound cake! You really know how to use citrus flavor in the pound cake which I really like! This looks so good! I've never seen this method and it was fun learning. I'd love to give it a try next time.ReplyDelete
Lovely looking cake! I would love some since I am a sucker of citrus fruit!! :)ReplyDelete
how is the texture of the cake for using the cake flour + corn flour?ReplyDelete
what's the different for only using cake flour?
it indeed looks so fine, Ellena!ReplyDelete