Hello peeps! It's Monday again and I hope you won't be having any "blues" today. For the start of the week, I am sure something quick and easy to prepare for dinner will be great. Here I have a "one pan" dish recipe to share with you which I get the inspiration from Irene (moonberry.com) who is a beautiful and capable modern woman. Do check up her blog for tips in beauty, travel and food reviews too.
GRILLED ORANGE ROSEMARY PORK CHOP
This is a pretty straight forward recipe which don't required much chopping, cutting or slicing. All you need to do is to marinate the pork chop with a few ingredients like orange juice, rind, cider vinegar, honey and rosemary. Put them into a ziplock bag, pop into the fridge and off you go for your work, spa, shopping and etc. When you are back, place them on grill or oven and cook till it is ready to be served.
- 1 Orange zested and juice whereas the other cut into wedges.
1. Whisk together orange zest and juice with 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, cider vinegar, honey and rosemary and mix well.
2. Add in the pork chop, give it a quick stir and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Alternatively, you can place every in a zip lock bag to marinate like what shown above.
4. Remove pork chip from marinade and set aside. Simmer marinade in a saucepan till sauce reduce by half and slightly thicken.
5. Preheat grill pan with some oil, place lightly seasoned pumpkin wedges (season with olive oil, ground pepper and paprika) on it and grilled for 3 - 4 minutes on each till or till soften. Remove and set aside.
6. Next grill pork chop, rosemary and orange wedges (refer to the photo above) using the same grill pan for 3 minutes on medium heat, flip over, brush with reduce marinade and continue to cook pork for another 7 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Drizzle marinade over the pork chop and serve together with pumpkin, salad green or quinoa salad.
~ Below is a short cooking clip on this recipe that I shared over at Instagram, but if you cannot view the video you can click on my Instagram link here.
To serve the Pork Chop, you can pair it with grilled pumpkin like what I did above or go with some healthy salad green, quinoa or couscous which makes it a complete meal. No matter what you serve it with, the main thing is enjoy this lovely quick dish in less than 30 minutes preparation time. Till then catch up soon for more recipes later in this week.