2 Pieces Of Pork Chop, with bone
2 Sprigs of Rosemary
Rind of 1 Lemon
1/2 Tablespoon Honey
Juice Of Half Lemon
2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
2 Green Apple, peeled. cored and diced
1 Stalk of Leek, sliced
Salt And Pepper
For Mashed Potato:
4 - 5 Medium Potato, skin removed
50ml Fresh Milk
Salt and Pepper
~ Pork Chop can be replaced with chicken cutlet for a change.
1. Using a meat millet to slightly flatten the pork chop. Mix rosemary, olive oil, honey, lemon juice and rind together with pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl then marinate the pork chop with it for at least 10 minutes.
2. Baked pork chop in an oven toaster for 20 minutes or till cook through, alternatively you can either pan-fry it or BBQ.
3. Meanwhile cut potato into 1.5" cubes and place it into saucepan. Add in 1/4 teaspoon of salt and water until potatoes are covered. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 - 15 minutes until potato is soft and easily poked through with a fork.
4. Drain water from potatoes, if any. Add soften butter and use potato masher or fork to mash potatoes until well mashed. Next with a spoon beat the mixture with milk (1 tablespoon at a time) to achieve your desire consistency then season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Saute 1 teaspoon butter in a pan, fry leek and apple till slightly brown and caramelize. Remove and divide it into plates, top with half portion of mashed potato.
6. Lastly, place cooked pork chop above the mashed potato and serve it together with extra salad green for a complete meal.
Short Cooking Demo:
If you cannot view the video above, click on my Instagram link here.