|Beetroot Chiffon Cake|
Finally it's Friday! It had being a busy week where I need to be out of the house most of the time running errands but on the bright side I managed to overcome my fear on driving which is an achievement to me. Ops sorry! Let's be back on track with the Beetroot Chiffon Cake
I am always excited when it comes to chiffon cake because our family love its spongy and fluffy texture. In this post we are using Beetroot which is a natural superfood
to bake a healthy chiffon cake for the family.
BEETROOT CHIFFON CAKE
Since I made Beetroot Detox Juice
yesterday, I decide to set aside some juice and the beetroot residues for this cake. During the preparations I was thrilled to see the lovely pink contrast while mixing the meringue into the beetroot mixture hopping at least 50% of the colour will remain after the cake is baked .
|Ingredients for beetroot chiffon cake|
(Yield: 8" Cake | Preparation: 10 minutes | Baking: 43-45 minutes)
5 Egg Yolks
80g Cake Flour
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder, optional
40ml Corn Oil
80ml Beetroot Juice
100g Beetroot Residues (drained)
5 Egg Whites
75g Caster Sugar
8g Corn Flour
*recipe used egg weighed 60g with shell.
1. Prepare some freshly blend beetroot juice using a juicer. Set aside 80ml of the juice and 100g of the beetroot residues.
- I blend two medium raw beetroot with 200ml orange juice (obtain from 2 big oranges).
2. Beat egg yolks and caster sugar till creamy before stirring in oil, beetroot juice and residues puree in order.
|Steps on preparing the beetroot batter|
3. Next add in sieved flour (with baking powder if using) and mix till no trace of flour found.
4. Beat egg whites till frosty, slowly add in sugar mixture (sugar + cornflour) and beat it till stiff peaks.
5. Using a balloon whisk gently fold in egg whites into the prepared egg yolks batter in 3 batches till no trace of whites and the mixture is well combined.
|Steps on folding the meringue into the beetroot batter|
6. Lastly lift up the bowl to height, pour batter into the tube pan and tap the pan once or twice on a table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
7. Bake cake in preheated 160°C (320°F) oven (2nd lower rack) for about 43 minutes or when surfaces turns golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre and comes out clean.
8. Remove chiffon cake from the oven and invert the pan immediately to let it rest on top of a cup. Make sure it cool completely before un-moulding it.
9. To remove the cake from the pan, run a thin-bladed knife (I use a small plastic spatula) around the insides of the pan and the center core.
10. Release the cake and run the knife/spatula along the base of the pan to remove the cake completely.
2. 把蛋黃和砂糖用手拌器打到糖全溶解（大约2－３分钟）。之后顺序拌入油，甜菜汁, 甜菜渣和篩好的低筋面粉和发粉。
3. 用电动搅拌机把蛋白打至泡沫状，再慢慢加入糖 （把糖和玉米粉／塔塔粉混合在一起）打至起角及企身，即蛋白的尖峰挺立不下垂。
4. 接着分三次把蛋白霜拌入蛋黃面糊，切记不可太用力搅拌, 轻轻拌匀即可否哲烘好的蛋糕会下沉。
5. 最后把面糊倒入8" 威风蛋糕模，轻轻敲震出大气泡。
6. 以預熱160摄氏度的烤箱烤大约43 －45分钟。（我家的烤箱）
In the end even though the cake did not turn out to be pinkish in colour (expected that because I did not add in any vinegar or lemon juice to perk up the acid level
) but there are still "bits and swirls" of pink which comes from the beetroot juice and residues. If you are to ask how was the taste like. My answer would be "good and healthy" with spongy and light texture plus mild beetroot taste which even pass the taste test of a few kids too.
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks
Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)