Hokkaido Fresh Milk is as good on its own or you can pair it with breakfast cereal, granola, cakes and pastries or even use it to create quick desserts, bakes or even Japanese favourite "royal milk tea". In this article I will be sharing 3 fool-proof recipes which can be easily done in less than 20 minutes.
Yotsuba Milk Product Company, which is a company established by dairy farmers in Hokkaido. In order to have top quality products, the cattle are raised freely in a no-stress environment on vast tracts of land with great care of the dedicated farmers. They are fed with a mixture of nutritious coarse feed and milked only during their prime years. Furthermore the cool climate, fresh air and rich grass of Hokkaido also contribute a bonus point for the cows to produce quality milk too.
We love the smooth, creamy and "clean" finishing taste of the fresh milk especially when it is served cold as a mid-morning/afternoon treat.
ROYAL MILK TEA
(Yield: 2 serving cups | Preparation: 5 minutes)
400ml Hokkaido fresh milk
9g black tea leaves (3 regular Ceylon tea bags)
Sugar or honey, optional
1. In a small saucepan simmer milk over low heat till it almost comes to a boil.
2. Add in tea leaves and remove pot from stove.
3. Stand pot aside, covered and let the tea leaves steep for 2 - 3 minutes.
4. At the meanwhile warm tea cups with hot water. When the milk tea is ready strain it through a tea strainer into warm serving cups.
5. Serve immediately with sugar or honey to sweeten the tea.
STEAMED PAPAYA WITH MILK AND SNOW FUNGUS
For me I often add in extra snow fungus to enhance the taste as well as extra crunch and bite. Besides that snow fungus is also a valuable nutrient tonic which helps to detox the spleen and increases appetite as well as nourish the body, lungs and stomach.
This dessert tastes creamier and smoother with the use of Hokkaido Fresh Milk. We love the fragrance of sweet milk emitted.
(Yield: 2 | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 30 minutes)
250g fresh papaya, cut into 1" cubes
500ml of Hokkaido fresh milk
10g snow fungus, soak till soften
Some red dates, optional
3 knots of pandan leaves
Cane-sugar to taste
1. Soak snow fungus and red dates (if using) in warm water till fungus expand and soft. Trim off the yellow colour portion and cut the cluster into smaller pieces.
2. Bring 150ml of water to boil. Add in snow fungus, red dates, pandan leaves, cane-sugar and simmer over low heat for 10 - 12 minutes . Remove pan from stove and set aside.
4. Divide papaya, red dates, snow fungus (add in 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved snow fungus soup to sweeten the taste of the dessert) and a knot of pandan leaves into 2 ceramic pot (you can do two individual serving or one big pot).
A short video clip on how to prepare Steamed Papaya with Milk & Snow Fungus (木瓜炖鲜奶).
(分量: 2人份 | 准备: 10 分钟 | 蒸煮时间: 30 分钟)
3. 木瓜去皮和种子然后切小块和香兰叶, 红枣, 雪耳 （ 可以加如一至两汤匙煮银耳的糖水调味） 一起放进炖盅里。
HOKKAIDO MILK PUDDING WITH PUMPKIN
The difference in taste, compared to other dairy products is significant, and therefore Hokkaido Fresh Milk would be the choice as we love how intensifies the creaminess of the pudding and the smooth well balanced aftertaste.
(Yield: 6; 100ml bottle | Preparation: 10 minutes | Chilling Time: 3 hours)
500ml Hokkaido fresh milk
3 1/4 teaspoon gelatine powder
100g pumpkin cubes
1 tablespoon honey, optional
*alternatively: replaced 5 gelatine sheets with gelatine powder
- 1 teaspoon gelatine powder = 3gm; 1 gold gelatine leaf = 2gm
1. Steamed or microwave pumpkin cubes till soften, reserve half and mashed the remaining until smooth. Set aside.
2. Warm milk with honey in a small saucepan over stove or microwave.
3. Dissolve gelatine powder with 50ml of warm milk before adding the mixture back into the warm milk and stir well.
4. Pour milk over a strainer to remove lumps of undissolved glelatine powder.
sterilized glass bottles in boiling water before using) with a few pieces of steamed pumpkin before pouring in the milk mixture.
mousse / custard like texture) or overnight (more firm).
A short video clip on how to prepare Hokkaido Milk Pudding with Pumpkin (北海道牛奶布丁).
(分量: 6人份 | 准备: 10 分钟 | 冷藏时间: 至少３小时)
1茶匙鱼胶粉= 3克； 1片金色鱼胶叶= 2克
For your information Hokkaido Fresh Milk is available at Fair Price Finest at SG$6.45 per 1-litre pack. Hope you enjoyed these quick recipes above.
* Disclosure: This post is brought to you in partnership with Hokkaido Fresh Milk.
These are simple interesting recipes. I would like to try them sometimes. Thanks!ReplyDelete