As a perennial favourite, these buttery little treats will bring back memories of separating the biscuits and licking the cream. This recipe is pretty straight forward to make and it takes about 30 minutes to prepare. And for this batch of Assorted Melting Moments, I sandwich them with different flavour such as butter, coffee and chocolate cream.
Ingredients: (makes about 25)
80g Icing Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
225g Plain Flour
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degree and line baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat butter, sieved icing sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until pale.
3. Stir in combined sieved flours in two batches.
4. With lightly floured hands, roll two level teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on baking tray about 3cm apart.
5. Dip a fork with some flour, press down lightly onto each biscuits to flatten slightly.
6. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until biscuits are a pale straw colour.
7. Stand the biscuit on the trays for 5 minutes before transfer to wire racks to cool.
100g Icing Sugar
1 Teaspoon Finely Grated Lemon Rind
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1. Beat butter, sieved icing sugar mixture and rind in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
2. Beat in the juice.
3. To serve, sandwich two biscuits with a teaspoon of the cream and dust with a little extra sifted icing sugar.