I always wanted to make a decent Log Cake like other home bakers do. So after reading some tips and inspiration from those expert in M4M site. I decided to try making a Mini Log Cake using the clues and recipes that I collected. Actually when you start making it step by step it not as difficult as it looks. I think the most challenging part is the spread the whipping cream or ganache evenly over the cake and assemble them to look like tree log. .
Ingredients For Cake:
3 Medium Eggs
30g Plain Flour
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat oven to 200 degree, grease and lined the base of a Swiss roll tin.
2. Place eggs in a mixing bowl with sugar, beat with electric mixer for about 8 minutes or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
3. Sieve flour and cocoa powder together then gently fold into the egg mixture with a metal spoon.
4. Spread mixture evenly onto the prepared tin and bake for about 12 minutes or until the cake is just set.
5. When the cake is cooked, turn it out immediately onto the prepared paper and roll the cake up from the long side, rolling the paper inside the roll and using the tea towel as a guide.
6. Stand rolled cake on a wire cake rack for 5 minutes then carefully unrolled the cake and allow it to cool at room temperature.
125ml Whipped Cream
30g Dark Chocolate, melted
1. Mix milk with melted chocolate until well blended.
2. Add it into the whipped cream, stir until well combined then spread it on the Swiss roll and roll it up.
3. Place the cake, seam-side down on a tray and refrigerate covered for at least 30 minutes before spreading the chocolate ganache.
Coffee Whipped Cream
250ml Whipped Cream
1 - 1.5 Teaspoon Coffee Essence
1. Beat whipped cream until soft peak, add in coffee essence and continue to beat until stiff peak form.
2. Cut the Swiss roll to resemble tree log then spread the cream thickly onto it.
3. Mark it with the prongs of a fork to resemble barks.
4. Lastly decorate it with some Christmas Decorations and dust with a little snow powder.
Notes: You can used any type of flavour for essence like Rum, Brandy or etc
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks
Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)