Saw this dish from a cookbook that I loan from the library. Decided to try out the recipe since we are coffee lovers and indeed the end result turns out well with hint of coffee fragrant, sweet and sour taste from the tomato sauce and tender bite of meat.
500g Pork Chop Fillet, 8-10 pieces
2 Tablespoons White Sesame Seeds
1/2 to 3/4 Lemon Juice
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Soya Sauce
1 Tablespoon Cornflour
1.5 Tablespoons Tomato Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/2 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Teaspoon Instant Coffee Powder
1. Rinse pork fillet, pat dry then place it in a mixing bowl together with beaten egg and seasoning then marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Wash and cut the lemon into halve, squeeze out the juice and set aside.
3. Preheat frying pan and fry sesame seeds (without oil) until fragrant or a bit golden brown. Remove and set aside.
4. Next deep-fry pork fillet until golden brown, remove and drain well.
5. Heat up 1 tablespoon oil, add in tomato sauce and stir till fragrant then add in the rest of the sauce ingredients and lemon juice, stir till well combined.
6. When the sauce comes to boil, add in pork fillet; give it a few stirs to coat with the sauce then simmer on low heat till sauce thicken.
7. Toss in sesame seeds, remove and serve.