Caesar Salad is a traditional salad often prepared tableside. It is sometimes termed the "King" of salads. I had being looking for the ready-made Caesar Dressing for quite sometime. Because in the local supermarket, what you can find is usually those common salad dressing. So happen, I managed to grab hold of this "Hellmann's-Caesar Dressing" from Carrefour.
To serve my Homemade Caesar Salad for lunch, I also add in some Breaded Chicken which will make it more filling. Overall this is a very great and healthy lunch, which consists of vegetables, meat and fruits.
Ingredients For Salad:
1 Baby Romania Lettuce
1 Avocado, cut into slices
1 Red Apple, cut into cubes
1 Green Apple, cut into cubes
1 Pear, cut into cubes
6-8 Cherry Tomatoes
4-6 Pieces Basil Leaves, shredded
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt
Some Black Pepper
1. Trim, and wash the baby Romania lettuce, drained well and set aside.
2. Place the drained lettuce in a big mixing bowl together with the apples, pear, tomatoes, basil leaves then drizzle the olive oil, pepper and salt and mix well using your clean hand.
3. Wrap it with clingwrap then set aside in the fridge while preparing the breaded chicken.
Notes: Do not cut or add in the avocado, cut it only before serving so that the flesh won't turn black in colour.
Ingredients For Breaded Chicken
1 Chicken Breast Fillet, cut into thin slices
1/2 - 3/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1/2 Tablespoon Cooking Wine
1/2 Tablespoon Cornstarch
1. Wash, trim the chicken then marinate it with seasoning for at least 30 minutes.
2. Dip the all the marinated chicken pieces in beaten egg then coat with breadcrumbs and set aside for 1 minute.
3. Deep-fry a few pieces at a time in hot oil until golden brown, drained and set aside. Repeat the process until all chicken pieces are cooked.
1. Remove the salad from the fridge, then arrange some of it on the plate then top with some pieces of breaded chicken.(cut the chicken into smaller bite size pieces)
2. Next add another layer of the vegetables salad, some cut avocado slices and extra breaded chicken.
3. Finished it off with by drizzling about 1 - 2 tablespoons of Caesar dressing around it and serve warm.