Moreover homemade muffins actually does not require much effort and time if you have all the ingredients ready in your pantry as what you have to do is just stir, mix and bake. So why not join us to bake a tray of this Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins for afternoon tea or breakfast which I bet you will love it just as much as we do.
BLUEBERRY LEMON STREUSEL MUFFINS
Chocolate Chip Muffins but instead I replace about half of the plain flour with organic wholemeal flour for a healthier version (if you could replace with all wholemeal flour will be better). On top of that if you prefer a stronger lemon fragrant, you can also add in 1 whole lemon zest instead of ½ into the cake batter.
(Make: 6 Regular Muffins | Preparation: 10 minutes | Baking Time: 20 minutes)
100g All-purpose Plain Flour
65g Wholemeal Flour
1.5 Teaspoons Baking Powder
Pinch Of Sea Salt
1 Large Egg (60g)
80g Caster Sugar
50ml Vegetable Oil
120ml Fresh Milk
Zest of 1/2 Lemon
Juice of 1/2 Lemon (about 1.5 tablespoons)
1/2 Cup Blueberry
15g Cold Butter
2 Tablespoons Caster Sugar
2 Tablespoons Of Flour
Zest of 1/2 Lemon
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder, optional
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) and line muffin tins with muffin liners or alternatively grease muffin tin.
2. Whisk flour mixtures such as plain flour, baking powder, sea salt, zest of 1/2 lemon together in a bowl till well-mixed and set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk using a hand whisk starting with egg and sugar till combined then slowly whisk in oil, milk and juice of 1/2 lemon.
4. Pour wet mixture into flour, using a spatula gently fold mixture to combine until no trace of flour is found (the batter will be thick and lumpy so do not over mixed it).
5. Lastly fold in blueberry (I am using frozen blueberry) and spoon batter into prepared muffin tin till 3/4 full.
6. Divide streusel topping equally on top of each muffin, topping with a few extra blueberry (optional) and bake in preheated 200°C oven for the first 5 minutes and then reduce temperature to 180°C for another 20 - 25 minutes (depend on the type of oven) until surface is browned and a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.
7. Remove muffin tin from the oven and allows the muffins to cool in the tin for at least 5 minutes before cooling it completely on a wire rack.
To Make Streusel Toppings:
~ Place topping ingredients in a bowl and using a fork to mash and mix everything together till crumbly. Keep it in the fridge while making the muffin batter.
数量：６个松饼 烘培时间：２0 分钟
Short clip on the above recipe:
If you cannot view the video above, click on my Instagram link here.
desiccated / flakes) to the existing ingredients to enhance the taste. Or swap the blueberry with raspberry, grated apples/pears depending on what is available in your fridge too. Lastly hope that you would like this muffin as much as we do. Have a blessed Christmas everyone!
Hi Ellena, Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. I have all these ingredient in my pantry too. Love to try it soon.ReplyDelete
Merry Christmas to you and your family :)