Yummy!!!! This creamy Chicken Carbonara is one of my favourite because I prefer creamy white sauce than tomato sauce. Besides that the extra cheese topping also makes it even more tasty.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
250g Spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 Small Carrot, cut into thin strips
150g Broccoli, cut into small florets
3 Rashers of Bacon, cut into 1cm pieces
5 Button Mushroom, sliced
1 Small Onion, sliced
1 Small Chicken Breast, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1. Drizzle some olive oil in a large frying pan, saute bacon for about 2 - 3 minutes remove and set aside.
2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute the onion until slightly brown then add in carrot and chicken strips, continue to stir-fry for about 3 minutes before adding broccoli and mushroom.
3. When the mushroom and broccoli becomes tender, add in the about 5 tablespoons of white sauce and mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Toss in the cooked Spaghetti follow by bacon and Mozzarella cheese.
5. Serve immediately with extra Cheese and some Italian Herbs.
Simple White Sauce
25g Grated Parmesan
150ml Thicken Cream
1. Place the Eggs, Parmesan and cream in a bowl and beat together with some salt and pepper.
2. Pour the mixture over the cooked pasta and toss gently until well coated then return to heat and cook over very low heat for about 1 minute or until thickened.
Note: You can used those ready-made Carbonara Sauce from supermarket.