Had this for yesterday night dinner. This is a simple and easy to prepare dish which you can try out it too.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
1 Piece of Dory Fillet
1 Cup Self-Raising Flour
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Water
1 Egg York
1 Teaspoon Lemon Rinds
1. Cut fillet into strips and marinate it with some pepper and extra lemon rinds.
2. Sift flour into a large bowl and gradually whisk in combined milk, water, yolk and lemon rinds until smooth and consistency of pouring cream
3. Set batter aside for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil until a piece of bread sizzles as soon as it is added.
5. Dust fish in flour with a few pieces at a time. Dip into batter, draining off excess and deep-fry for about 3 minutes until golden and cooked through.
6. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm then continue with remaining fish.
Note: You can do a Seafood Basket by add in Prawns, Calamari, and Chips.