Chinese New Year is on coming Sunday so yesterday I managed to spend the whole morning making some two types of cookie. The one of top is the Mixed Fruits Butter Cookies which is made into leaf petal using cookie cutter. These butter cookies are very addictive and each bite is filled with bits of yummy fried fruits.
100g Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Tablespoon Apricot Jam
100g Dried Mixed Fruit
250g Plain Flour, sifted
1 Egg(lightly beaten)
Some Caster Sugar
1. Cream butter and caster sugar for 1 minute, add in egg and essence then continue to cream for another minute.
2. Next add in apricot jam, dried mixed fruits and flour then knead the mixture into a soft dough.
3. Wrap dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to rest the dough.
4. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper till 1/2 cm thick. Using a leaf-shaped cutter stamp out the shape and arrange on baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. To be more specify you can a small knife to create lines that resembling the leaf's veins. Glaze cookies and coat it with caster sugar.
6. Baked in preheated 170 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Remove and cool on cooling rack before storing them in air-tight container.
Next on list are Honey Cornflakes which we topped them with almond bits and pumpkin seeds. These are Rey's favourite snacks as they both contain nuts which are crunchy and tasty due to the honey.
25g Unsalted Butter
1.5 Tablespoons Sugar
1.5 Tablespoons Golden Syrup/Honey
1.5 Cups Cornflakes
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts/Pumpkins Seeds/Mixed Fruits
1. Melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat.
2. Add in sugar and honey, then stir until sugar dissolve and mixture almost comes to boil.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Next stir cornflakes in batches into the butter mixture together with the nuts or etc till everything are evenly coated.
5. Spoon mixture into some small paper cases, sprinkle some colourful bits and baked in a preheated 180 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
6. Remove and set aside to cool.