This year I am honor to join in the project on developing FOUR quick and easy Chinese New Year dishes using these all-time family favourite chicken broth from Swanson. On the recipe cards we have Scallop with Wolfberries Soup, Steamed Dan Gui Prawn, Meatballs in Crabmeat Egg Sauce and Braised Sea Cucumber with Abalone And Mushroom.
MEATBALLS IN CRABMEAT EGG SAUCE
Meatballs in Crabmeat Egg Sauce" from the FOUR featured dishes in the SWANSON Chicken Broth Chinese New Year recipes card. This is pretty simple to prepare and it is quite similar to the "Braised Lion Head - 红烧狮子头" concept on making meatballs which is cooked in delicious fresh crabmeat sauce.
(serves: 4 | Preparation: 10 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes)
150g Imitation Shark’s Fin
300g Minced Meat
4 Water Chestnuts, chopped
50g Carrot, finely chopped
2 Fresh Mushroom, diced
½ Teaspoon each of Light Soy Sauce, Cooking Wine and Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon Cornflour
Dash of Ground Pepper
1 Can Swanson Clear Chicken Broth
100g Fresh/Frozen Crab Meat
½ Teaspoon Oyster Sauce and Sesame Oil
1 Egg White
Dash of Ground Pepper
1 Tablespoon Cornflour + ½ Tablespoon Water
Method:-1. Season minced meat with marinade together with chopped chestnuts, carrot and mushroom till combined.
2. Using clean hands shaped 1½ tablespoons of minced meat into round balls and coats them with imitation shark’s fins.
3. Arrange on steaming plate, steam over high heat for 10 minutes until cooked. Remove and set aside while preparing the sauce.
4. For crabmeat sauce; bring Swanson Clear Chicken Broth to boil, add in crabmeat, oyster sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Thicken sauce by stirring in cornflour solution, turn off the heat and swirl in lightly beaten egg white.
6. Season sauce with sesame oil and ground pepper, ladle over the meatballs and serve hot.
Below are some of the collections of my Chinese New Year round-up over the past years. Hope these could give you some inspiration while preparing the coming new year menu.
CHINESE NEW YEAR DISHES
|Stir-Fry 7 Assorted Veggies ||Braised Mushroom With Sea Cucumber ||Pan-fried White Spotted Rabbitfish With Leeks |
|Braised Chicken Wing With Arrowhead and Mushroom ||Steam Salmon Fillet With Herbs ||Steam Osmanthus Cod Fish |
CHINESE NEW YEAR DESSERT
|Lotus Seeds, Longan And Persimmon Sweet Soup ||Sweet And Savory Nian Gao ||Orr Nee With Gingko Nut And Pumpkin |
|Lotus Seeds Soup - 莲子羹 ||Glutinous Red Date With Osmanthus Syrup |
CHINESE NEW YEAR GOODIES
|Pineapple Tarts ||Peanut Cookies - 花生酥 ||Deep-Fried Arrowhead Chips |
Till then have fun trying out these recipes and I hope I could be in time to share with you more new recipes on Chinese New Year theme soon.