Last few days, I just bought a book that consists 38 Recipes on Claypot Rice. Some are really very easy to make and all you need to do is just cooked the rice and lay all the prepared ingredients on top then cover and braised over low heat for a few minutes. The leave it on the stove covered for 15 minutes and you can have all sort of claypot rice that you like within 30 minutes of prepared and cook time.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
1 Cup Uncooked Rice
1 Pair of Chinese Sausage
4-5 Chicken Wings
3 Medium Fresh Mushroom, cut into thin slices
1 Stalk Spring Onion, cut into 5cm long
2 Slices Of Ginger
1/4 Broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 Tablespoons Cornflour
2 Tablespoon Oyster Sauce
Suitable Amount Of Pepper
2 Tablespoons Warm Water
1 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Chicken Powder Stock
1. Wash the rice and and soak with suitable amount of water to cook the rice in a claypot for at least 1 hour.
2. Wash the chicken wings, and cut it into smaller portion then marinate it with seasonings , some spring onion and ginger. Set aside in the fridge for later use.
3. Remove the outer skin of the Chinese sausage then cut it into thin slices and set aside.
4. Cook the soaked rice on high heat uncovered until the water is almost dry up then place the chicken pieces on top of the rice, follow by the remaining spring onion, Chinese sausage and mushroom.
5. Next drizzle some oil onto the size of the claypot into the rice, covered and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
6. Next mix well the claypot sauce and drizzle it slowly on top of the chicken mixture then covered and cook over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
7. Switch off the heat and covered and let it braised for another 15 minutes then arrange the broccoli on top and served.
8. Boil a pot of water with 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and sugar then add in the broccoli and blanch for 1-2 minutes, dished up and drained well.
You can used any parts of the chicken instead of chicken wings.
You can replaced Broccoli with any type of green vegetables of your preference.