Furthermore beside rolled oats; by adding some chia seeds it also helps to thicken the mixture and at the same time improve health benefits such as fatty acid (Omega 3 and Omega 6), dietary fibre, protein and etc which is essential for our body.
|Organic Rolled Oats
From what I have Google, Rolled Oats (燕麦片) or sometime known as old fashioned oats is widely used for making "Overnight Oats" because of its flavour and chewy texture. And for your information, rolled oats are created from oat groats that are steamed and rolled into flakes. This process stabilizes the healthy oils in the oats which makes them remain fresh for a longer period and as well helps the oats to cook faster too.
|Overnight Oats with berries, chia seeds and pistachio
1. GATHER ALL THE INGREDIENTS:
- Rolled Oats (not instant, quick, or steel-cut oats)
- Chia Seeds (to thicken the mixture plus loaded it with essential nutrition)
- Greek or Plain Yogurt (for natural flavour)
- Fresh Milk, Almond Milk, Soy Milk or Apple Juice
- Glass or Plastic Container (at least 1 cup size)
3. ADD FRUITS AND STIR GENTLY.
- Fruits such as berries, banana, mango, avocado and etc depend on your preference.
4. COVER AND LEAVE IT OVERNIGHT IN THE FRIDGE.
- The rolled oats and chia seeds will absorb the liquid and soften making it a great pudding/ice cream like texture on the next day.
- You can also topped with extra fruits or nuts before serving.
- Sweetener such as honey or maple syrup can be added to enhance the taste before serving too.
5. EAT FRESH
- Since you only need less than 5 minutes to prepare an overnight oats, I would suggest you make daily portion instead of storing a big tub with whole week supply it in the fridge to safeguard food safety and freshness of ingredients.
Between I made another batch of Overnight Oats this afternoon using similar ingredients show above but with extra cubes of mango which is in season now. Hopefully our breakfast for tomorrow will be great! And if you are also an overnight oats lover like us, do share your ways of preparing it with us too.