I always want to learn and cook those double-boiled soup sold in Chinese restaurant or herbal soup stall such as "Lotus and Pork Ribs Soup", old cucumber soup, ginseng chicken and etc. For this soup I added some black beans, peanut and cuttlefish which brings out more intense flavour and the cuttlefish definitely help to add bonus points to the soup.
500g Of Pork Ribs
600g Fresh Lotus root,
100g Soup Peanuts
50g Black Bean
5 Red Dates
1/2 Tablespoon Wolfberries
1 Small Cuttlefish
1.5 Litres Of Water
1. Rinse and soak the cuttlefish till soft then cut into thick strips.
2. Rinse and scaled pork ribs in boiling water then rinse well.
3. Wash and cut the fresh lotus roots into thin slices and set aside.
4. Soak peanuts and black bean in hot water for 15 minutes, rinse and drain then set aside.
5. Put all the ingredients in a pot, add suitable amount of water and bring to boil.
6. Lower heat and simmer for at least an hour or more till beans are soften. Season with salt to taste and serve.
7. Alternatively you can transfer mixture from step 5 to a slow-cooker and cook on AUTO for 2 - 3 hours low heat.